NATURAL GAS COMPRESSOR TECHNICIAN DIPLOMA PROGRAM
Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology is dedicated to enhancing the workforce of today and producing the leaders of tomorrow.
The Natural Gas Compressor Technician Program is designed to provide the student with the necessary electrical, mechanical, process control and specialized safety procedures required by industry. The coursework includes electric control logic fundamentals, electrical machines and motor control as well as AC/DC electric and AC frequency drives.
The student will learn concepts of basic residential and commercial wiring and electrical power distribution. The modules on power and control electronics will include programmable logic controllers (PLC) as well as PLC analog control, data highway, panelview and troubleshooting. The modules covering pumps will include concepts related to positive displacement, centrifugal, gear and magnetic pumps. The student will also learn hydraulics, pneumatics, process control, central lube, mechanical drives, vibration analysis and rigging.
Additionally, the program will include concepts related to safety and situational leadership. The program will conclude with concepts specific to natural gas including exploration/extraction, production, storage distribution, transportation, pipeline integrity and reciprocating compressors.
- Accredited 1 Year Program
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- GI Bill® Eligible
- BCTE-Approved Program
WHY CHOOSE CPI?
Gas Compression is a Secure Industry
- The gas compression industry is stable, and the need for workers in this area goes on regardless of the success of the drilling market.
Oil is stabilizing
- Find a secure job in oil that is far less volatile than similar industries.
- The building of the Cracker facility is positive momentum and the industry will continue to push forward.
- Housing partners available to provide assistance with finding secure and afforable housing.
- CPI is located in the heart of the Marcellus Shale industry.
- Our state-of-the-practice facility is packed with all the tools necessary for hands on learning.
- Expand your learning outside the classroom while gaining invaluable hands-on experience.
Caterpillar & Ariel Partnership
- This partnership provides students with state of the art curiculum from Caterpillar and Ariel – market share leaders in the gas compression industry.
Work with World Leaders in the Industry
- Learn from the best to acquire all the skills you need for success.
- Attend a program that is one out of only two of its kind in the United States.
- Working in the oil industry will provide you with a high salary to ensure a secure future.
- Workers in this field are in high demand on local, regional, and global levels.
Financial Aid & Scholarships Available
- Financial support is available for those who qualify.
IDEAL FOR MILITARY
CPI is designated as a Military Friendly® School
If you are a veteran or a family member of a veteran, CPI accepts the following:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Dependents’ Educational Assistance
- Chapter 33
- Chapter 30
- Chapter 35
- Chapter 1606
- Chapter 1607
- Vocational Rehabilitation – Chapter 31
Contact CPI to learn more about the technical degree programs.
“GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Jonathon Gage, Lewistown, PA
“There’s less than a handful of schools that actually provide the hands-on experience as CPI does. And with the student to instructor ratio, it gives us multiple opportunities to work one-on-one with the instructors. This is especially important when working with fault codes and troubleshooting.”
Aaron Gurekovich, Tyrone, PA
“I tried two different schools farther away, with commuting every day, it didn’t work out as well. That’s why I like CPI; it’s within driving distance every day. The new building is great, with all the technology, it makes it really nice.”
Nick Miller, Lock Haven, PA
“The instructors that we have at CPI are really good, they’re right there if you need any help. They have a way of phrasing things in a way that you understand it. CPI is very hands-on and it makes learning easy and fun.”
Pat McDonough, Houtzdale, PA
“The Emerging Energy program at CPI is very unique, you don’t see a program like this at other schools. And the cost of tuition is very low compared to other schools I’ve checked.”