Switchgear maintenance is essential to keep your electric power generation systems operating at peak performance — and Cleveland Brothers has you covered. We are the region’s top source for switchgear maintenance services, including making repairs and installing new upgrades. With our range of services covering your equipment, you can rest assured your system will perform as designed when you need it the most.
YOUR SOURCE FOR CAT® SWITCHGEAR MAINTENANCE, SERVICE AND REPAIRS
Scheduled switchgear maintenance services ensure a smooth transition when switching between your main power and backup systems. If our technicians spot anything during inspection and testing that requires attention, we’ll recommend the appropriate switchgear repair services to get you back where you need to be. If your system is starting to grow old but still has operational life left to give, we can perform a range of switchgear upgrade services for features like longer equipment life and added performance.
As the region’s leading source for new systems and professional lifelong care, we offer a complete range of Cat switchgear maintenance services to keep your system in top condition, including:
- Inspections: Our technicians check wire connections and inspect for damage, corrosion, wear, stress and signs of overheating.
- Cleaning: Regular cleaning is essential to keep your switchgear in excellent condition. Our technicians will remove all dirt and grime.
- Testing: We check alignment, anchorage, clearances and grounding. We also check for meter accuracy and make any necessary calibrations.
If you are taking advantage of our switchgear upgrade services, we can provide you with backup power during installation so you have the safety net you need to preserve your bottom line. If you want to install a new system, our team can engineer yours according to your precise specifications, stay within your existing footprint and ensure your new switchgear functions as designed. When we are satisfied your system delivers, we will train your staff in proper use.
THE BENEFITS OF REGULAR SWITCHGEAR MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Preventive maintenance is part of owning most equipment and machinery, and something you must regularly perform if you want to stay safe and get maximum uptime. These services guard against a wide range of issues caused by operation use and environmental wear ranging from mild inconveniences to catastrophic failures. They also help you get the most performance from your switchgear system by delivering a range of valuable benefits, including:
- Longer life: In switchgears and other electronic systems, faulty components can damage other parts in the system. With regular switchgear maintenance services, you can keep your entire system in optimal condition to extend overall switchgear life.
- Dependable service: With regular Cat switchgear maintenance, you can identify potential part failures before they occur. This way, you can perform switchgear repair services when it works for your schedule and budget, instead of getting caught off-guard.
- Worker safety: Electricity is inherently dangerous to anyone working on or near energized equipment. Professional Cat switchgear maintenance, inspection, testing and repair services help you avoid injuries, electrical fires and other hazards caused by failures.
- Reduced risks: Switchgears direct your electrical power to other equipment. When you make sure yours remains in proper working order, you can prevent damage to your connected systems and avoid interruptions in production if you have a power outage or surge.
WHY REPLACE SWITCHGEAR SYSTEMS?
Proper maintenance and retrofits can help you get more life from your equipment, but eventually, you will stand to gain more from installing a replacement. The older your switchgear gets, the more time and resources you will need to dedicate to maintenance and repairs. Inventory issues can also become a concern as repair parts go out of production and get harder to find. If your switchgear system is nearing the end of its usable lifespan, installing a new system can help you take advantage of:
- System improvements: A new Cat switchgear includes all the latest technology advancements to deliver dependable service in a more compact design.
- Reduced maintenance: Modern switchgear systems have parts and components made to deliver longer use between maintenance cycles to help reduce downtime.
- Safer designs: Systems that are aging can start to become electrical safety hazards. A new system ensures you have the latest in safety features and protection.
- Parts access: Switchgears made in recent years have more parts available across the market, making it easier to perform maintenance, make repairs and install upgrades.
- Reduced costs: Technology improves fast. Systems only a few years younger than your current switchgear can help you save significant percentages on annual energy costs.
At Cleveland Brothers, we carry the full line of new Cat switchgear systems, with financing options available. If you think it’s time to replace yours, let us know, and we will help you choose one that meets all of your requirements. To help you select the right one, we can arrange an on-site visit where our power generation experts will demonstrate the different systems we carry.
TRUST YOUR SWITCHGEAR MAINTENANCE SERVICES TO THE REGIONAL LEADERS
Cleveland Brothers is the regional Caterpillar® dealer for Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia and has been for over 60 years. We know how important it is to gain the best performance from your equipment and the highest return on investment possible. When you partner with us for your maintenance, repairs and switchgear upgrade services, you gain the benefit of a provider committed to your success. We empower your business through:
- Flexible options: Our services are flexible and built around your needs. We can come to you or you can bring your switchgear to any of our fully equipped service centers. We can also create maintenance kits you can use to perform your own services.
- Equipment information: Each Cat switchgear maintenance service includes a complete inspection summary, photos and a list of our service recommendations emailed to you. Our technicians can monitor your equipment between services to track performance.
- Factory-trained: We are the local source for Cat power generation systems and your home for switchgear maintenance services performed by factory-trained technicians. We always follow the manufacturer’s recommended steps to ensure the highest quality.
SCHEDULE SWITCHGEAR MAINTENANCE SERVICES TODAY
We can perform a one-off service or create a Customer Support Agreement (CSA) based on your schedule and average operating hours. Stop by your nearest Cleveland Brothers location today to speak to someone about developing your preventive maintenance program or contact us online.