Effective date: September 1, 2023
1. Information We Collect
We may collect personally identifiable information, such as e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as ZIP code, age, gender, preferences and interests. We also collect information about your internet connection, the equipment used to access our website, and usage details. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and data collected through cookies.
2. How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from you when you provide it and automatically as you navigate our websites. By registering with or contacting us through our website, you agree that information or comments provided may be shared between Cleveland Brothers and its affiliated companies, and used without restriction to process orders and market our products and services. We will not sell or rent your information to any third party and will exercise efforts to keep information secure. Cleveland Brothers recognizes and respects your online privacy.
By using our websites, you agree and consent to the data collection and use practices set forth in this Privacy Statement.
3. How We Use Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information to improve our sites and content we share with you. In addition, we may use information we collect to:
- Conduct necessary business transactions, including but not limited to: account registrations, order fulfillment, quote requests, remote technician services enablement, inform you of any changes to our sites, products or services;
- Record career applications or training enrollment;
- Provide you with support, contact you regarding our products and services, and send you marketing communications that may be of interest to you for which you may opt-out at any time;
- Provide information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it, or any other purpose we deem necessary, or for any other purpose with your consent;
- Carry out obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our agreements, and to otherwise comply with applicable law and fulfill our legal obligations.
4. How We Share Information
We may share information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With our affiliated entities and their subsidiaries, and to contractors, service providers and other third parties used to support our business and the business of our manufacturers;
- With vendors who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (i.e., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.);
- With vendors to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings to the extent we are required to do so by law;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our or a third party’s legal rights and property, including providing information for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- With any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or in preparation for any of these events;
- With industry partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or mail, or provide other support. All such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information;
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide personal information or for any other purpose we deem necessary, including to protect the health or safety of others.
5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
When you visit our website, we may send you a cookie, which stores a small data file on your computer. This file enables us to recognize you each time you visit us. Cookies help in many ways, for example, by saving your region and language preference and for purposes of collecting non-personal data. Your web browser likely allows you to accept or reject cookies from our website.
- Count the number of times you visit our sites;
- Compile anonymous statistics on website use;
- Gather information on the type of Internet Browser and operating systems used.
We may work with data providers to serve advertising to you through display media or other methods. These providers may use personal information that we have collected or that you have provided to locate you online, such as when you visit or log in to websites or mobile applications. This information may be linked to online identifiers or IP addresses assigned to you, and to demographic or interest-based data, in order to target you with relevant advertising, including about our products or services.
Our website contains links to other websites. Cleveland Brothers is not liable for privacy practices or content of other websites.
7. How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, wish to opt-out of certain data collection practices, or exercise applicable rights over your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Caterpillar Data Governance
Caterpillar’s Global Data Privacy Statement describes Caterpillar’s practices for collecting, sharing, and using user data for accessing Cleveland Brothers’ e-site on Parts.Cat.Com.
In addition, Caterpillar’s Data Governance Statement describes how data relating to machines, products or other assets and their associated worksites is collected and shared. The Data Governance Statement also describes how Caterpillar may perform remote diagnostics and make available remote software and firmware updates and upgrades, such as configuration, patches, bug fixes, new or enhanced features, etc., for your assets and devices. By providing data and information to a dealer as described herein or to Caterpillar as described in Caterpillar’s Global Data Privacy Statement, you agree to its terms as it may be revised from time to time.