Increasing your profit margin starts with the right equipment, but knowing how to use that equipment can improve your bottom line.
In today's world of high technology, equipment operators must have a thorough understanding of machine systems to achieve maximum efficiency and the greatest return on equipment investment. The benchmarks established for student achievement through Cleveland Brothers/Caterpillar Equipment Training Programs ensure that high levels of proficiency and confidence are attained. These results will return the operator to his or her place of employment with skill levels that will improve productivity, decrease downtime, reduce operating costs, and enhance safety. All of these provide a payback on your training investment.
Take time to consider the bottom-line impact on your operations if improved operator skills resulted in any of the following:
- One catastrophic tire failure on your wheel loader was avoided.
- One minute shorter cycle times on your truck fleet resulted from improved maneuvering and positioning in the pit.
- One undercarriage rebuild on your fleet of large tractors avoided per year as a result of improved operator techniques.
Recognizing the need for operator training, Cleveland Brothers, with the support of Caterpillar and the University of Illinois, has developed an operator training program with "proven results".
This training course, developed by CAT, is designed to raise and polish the skills of the experienced operator. This intense, tightly structured program uses a combination of classroom and hands-on instruction. Upon successful completion of this course, the operator's achievement is recognized with a diploma and a registered commemorative CAT belt buckle.
These courses are taught by Cleveland Brothers' Caterpillar Certified Trainers. Our trainers have attended rigorous Caterpillar operator trainers' schools and have been given Caterpillar's certification to train equipment operators in Cat's world-wide operator training certification program.
- Course Description: Safety, Operator's Compartment, Inspection, Start-Up, Specific Machine Operating Techniques, Proper use of Machine Controls, and Shut-Down. Upon successful completion of this course the operator's achievement is recognized with a diploma and a registered commemorative CAT belt buckle.
- Duration: All courses are 2 1/2 days unless otherwise noted
- Cost: $1,700 per person
- Courses available for:
- Small / Medium Track-Type Tractors
- Medium / Large Track-Type Tractors
- Wheel Loaders
- Hydraulic Excavators
- Off-Highway Trucks
- Backhoe Loaders
- Motor Graders
Backhoe Loaders 5 day course (as detailed above; also includes 2 1/2 days comprehensive training on all common Backhoe Loader Work Tool attachments; $3,400 per person)
Motor Graders 5 day course (as detailed above; also includes 2 1/2 days in-depth machine operating techniques; $3,400 per person)
OSHA Certified Training
Telehandler: OSHA Certified Training
- Course Description: Training includes a 2 hour classroom session followed by a 2 hour in the iron session. A certificate and wallet card are provided for your organization to complete and issue to your operators upon successful completion of a written test and a driving test.
- Duration: 4 hour
- Cost: $100/person
This is an orientation session for operators upon delivery of a new, rental fleet or used machine to a customer. It is an in the iron review of machine controls, fluid levels, grease and service points, and general machine safety.
Skid Steer Loaders, Compact Wheel Loaders, Mini Excavators, Track Type Tractors- D3 to D5, Track Type Loaders- 933 and 939, Telehandlers and Soil Compactors
- Course Description: Safety, Operators Compartment, Inspection, Start-Up and Shut-Down
- Cost: $100 (anything over 1 hour is $100/hr.)
Track Type Tractors- D5 to D8, Track Type Loaders- 953 to 973, Wheel Loaders- 914-980, Excavators- 311 to 345, Backhoe Loaders, Landfill Compactors
- Safety, Inspection, Start-Up, Machine Controls and Shut-Down
- $200 (anything over 2 hours is $200/hr.)
Track Type Tractors- D9 to D11, Wheel Loaders- 988 to 994, All model Wheel Scrapers- 611 to 657, Excavators- 365, 375, 5110, 5130, 5230, All model Motor Graders- 120 to 24, Off Highway Trucks, Paver Machines
- Safety, Inspection, Start-Up, Machine Controls, and Shut-Down
- $400 (anything over 3 hours is $100/hr.)
Topcon Machine Control Systems for Pavers and Motor Graders
PCS- Payload Control System
TPMS-Truck Payload Management System
VIDS- Visual Information Display System
VIMS- Visual Information Management System
- Set-Up, Operation and Calibration Procedures
- Pricing on request
Schedule service for your machine now.Book Appointment